Thursday 31 May 2012

Some of the things I made with the CNC.

All the pieces are engraved using a tool made out of a piece of broken 6.35mm drill bit, not perfect but shows that the cnc is working. Next step is to  make a bigger and better one, after we move to a new place.

Grandson number 1. Used oak to make this one, turned out pretty good except that the grain is a little too strong which spoils the pic a little.



Grandson number 2. My very first try, MDF not good for this.


The dragon was engraved on to a piece of plexiglass then the groves were filled with acrylic paint for dragon mad son number 2.


The wife would probably kill me if she knew I posted the "birthday card" I made for her. 



The lion above (Yogi) was the emblem for 31 Armoured Engineer Squadron I served with back in  the early - mid 70's. The top one was engraved on to a piece of pine and the bottom one on to a piece of plexiglass and hand painted using acrylic paint. I am not really happy with the plexiglass version and am looking into ways/technics of making more professional looking ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment